Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New for March

So I was able to come up with a couple of "new" adventures for March.

  • Travese: To celebrate "The Cams'" birthdays this year Alicia suggested we go to dinner in Los Gatos. As many of you know I'm not a fan of a drive to the South Bay on a Friday night, but it was a special occasion so what the hell. Honestly, for a restaurant with a Michelin star I was expecting the food to be out of this world delicious and it was not quite that spectacular. But what do I know. I think Marcello's on Taraval is fine cuisine. What Travese does have going for it is the bacon ice cream. Yes, you read that correctly, bacon ice cream. It was the absolute best part of my meal.
  • The other first which was great for me...I worked a half-day on St. Patrick's Day. I'm not Irish, but I like the idea of the holiday. Wearing green, drinking green beer, corned beef, Irish soda bread, Irish coffee. So I left work around 1, got on a train and came home to drink a couple pints of Guinness and enjoy the corned beef and cabbage that had been in the slow cooker all day. Ahhh, lucky day.

No comments: