Saturday, February 21, 2009

Settled

We heard from the insurance company today. They are not going to cover any part of the repair to the Poop Pipe. That's that.

Hopefully it is dry this week so that Bob and his crew can replace the pipe, fill the hole and repair the driveway.

I have to admit, I'm so sick of looking for street parking. I look forward to parking in the garage or in the driveway.

Speaking of parking, that reminds me...on February 26, 2009 my relationship with Mercedes Benz will end. Its bittersweet. Its such a good looking car and seat warmers are a gift from God but car payments suck.

Given the state of economy, Cam and I have decided to hold off on a new car purchase. I didn't know what I wanted as a replacement car, plus now we'll be paying out-of-pocket for the Poop Pipe.

As luck would have it though, I was adamant about keeping the Integra so White Lightening is getting a new lease on life. First things first, some new tires and then the removal of the old car alarm. It has a short and drains the battery. After that though, the sky's the limit. There has been discussion of a moderate restoration and there has also been discussion of a full pimping out. I do know this, from a practical perspective it needs a new timing belt and some other mechanical work. The tint on the windows must be dealt with. Its impossible to see out of the rear window. The speakers also need to be replaced. Ideally the entire sound system should be revamped to accommodate my love of bass. A new paint job would be quite nice too but it's not critical. She sounds like a POS, but I love that car. I'll put a picture of White Lightening up soon.

I'll post Red Rocket too.

No comments: